- Build Area Dimensions: Approximately 250 x 315 x 197mm / 10 x 12.5 x 8"
- Print Volume: 15,513 cc / 947 CI
- Hotend: E3D V6 All Metal Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle for 1.75mm filament with the Single or Dual Extruder option only
- Control Electronics: Not included with Motion Platform
- Usable Maximum Print Speed: 80-150 mm/sec or more depending on the part, print material, and extruder
- Usable Maximum Movement Speed: 500+ mm/sec
- Layer Height: There is no pre-defined limit. We recommend 100 – 320 micron. 20-100 micon layer heights are possible with more printing experience. Larger layer heights (up to 1mm) are possible with an optional replacement nozzle.
- X & Y Axis Resolution: 0.01 mm (10 Micron)
- Z Lead screws: High Speed two-start lead screws, 4mm movement per rotation
- Frame: Aluminum and powder coated steel construction
- Movement: Precision roller bearings on all three axes.
- Heated Bed: 24V 220W Heated Bed included
- Power Requirements: 24V required for the heated bed and the included heater carridges if you purchase the optional extruders. 350W+ is strongly recommended.
- Footprint: 390 mm x 430 mm / 15.5 x 17"
- Dimensions including all movement: 495 mm x 640 mm x 460 mm / 19.5 x 25.5 * 18"
- Primary components are all made in the USA
The MendelMax 3 Motion Platfom Kit is designed for people who already have a 3d printer but want to upgrade to a higher quality platform. The kit includes all the parts required to build the basic MendelMax 3 frame, all belts, pulleys, fasteners, the Borosilicate glass bed, bed heater, and the heat spreader. You will reuse your electronics, motors, extruder (unless you buy the optional single or dual extruder), and 24V power supply. The LED Light kit that comes with the MendelMax 3 full kit is not included. The motion platform may require some creativity in mounting the extruder and your electronics. you can find a detailed packing slip here.
Note: The Motion Platform Kit comes with limited support. We will provide any assitance required to solve basic motion issues, but we will not assist you with printing issues, firmware or electronics issues, or other issues unrelated to the kit itself. If you are a beginner, we strongly recommend the MendelMax 3 Full Kit.
Please Note: The MendelMax 3 Kit shown is the FULL KIT. The Hardware Kit does not include several of the components shown. The green printed parts shown in the photos are also not included. Those prints are an optional upgrade that can be printed on the MendelMax 3. The instructions to do so are included in the assembly manual.