- Build Area Dimensions: Approximately 250 x 315 x 197mm / 10 x 12.5 x 8"
- Print Volume: 15,513 cc / 947 CI
- Hotend: E3D V6 All Metal Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle for 1.75mm filament
- Control Electronics: RAMBo Controller from Ultimachine.com
- Supported Filament: 1.75 mm PLA and ABS; other materials like Nylon, PVA, and Laywoo-D3 are experimental
- Usable Maximum Print Speed: 80-150 mm/sec or more depending on the part, print material, and extruder
- Usable Maximum Movement Speed: 500+ mm/sec
- Layer Height: There is no pre-defined limit. We recommend 100 – 320 micron. 20-100 micon layer heights are possible with more printing experience. Larger layer heights (up to 1mm) are possible with an optional replacement nozzle.
- X & Y Axis Resolution: 0.01 mm (10 Micron)
- Z Lead screws: High Speed two-start lead screws, 4mm movement per rotation
- Frame: Aluminum and powder coated steel construction
- Movement: Precision roller bearings on all three axes.
- Heated Bed: 24V 220W Heated Bed included
- Power Requirements: The included power supply is compatible with 120 and 240VAC
- Footprint: 390 mm x 430 mm / 15.5 x 17"
- Dimensions including all movement: 495 mm x 640 mm x 460 mm / 19.5 x 25.5 * 18"
- Primary components are all made in the USA
Upgrade Kit Details
This upgrade kit allows you to upgrade your MendelMax 2 to the all new MendelMax 3. The MendelMax 3 is a complete revision, and replaces the majority of the hardware on your printer. It does require a complete rebuild, however the new printer eliminates almost all of the tricky parts of the assembly, resulting in a simpler and much more reliable build.
Please note the new Maxstruder is designed for 1.75mm filament only, and requires the E3D V6 only. It is not compatible with the J-Head or E3D V5 hot ends. All upgrade kits include parts that allow you to use your Maxstruder 1.0 with the MM3, so you can continue to use your current hot end and any 3mm filament you have and convert the extruder at a later date. If you are not sure what you have, please contact us for more information.
The majority of the components, have changed in the new design so this kit includes a significant portion of the full printer kit. You will reuse components from your MendelMax 2 where possible. It reuses your motors and electronics, several of the extrusions, the boroslilicate glass, heat spreader, bed heater, and some hardware.
Please Note: The photos of the printer include some user add-ons. The stock printer does not ship with the cable carrier shown. That is an optional upgrade that can be printed on the MM3 and easily added by the end user. The printer shown is a beta MendelMax 3, and there are a few minor changes between it and the final version. We will have photos of the production version shortly.