The MendelMax 3 is in stock. Please allow 1-2 days for shipping.
Maker's Tool Works is excited to bring you the Mendelmax 3. With thousands of hours of development and testing stretching over nearly a year, the new MendelMax raises the bar for what you can expect from Maker's Tool Works. We have meticulously evaluated every aspect of the design to ensure that you are receiving a printer that is much easier to build and will perform better with minimal tuning and maintenance. All with a $100 cost savings compared to the MendelMax 2.
Click here to read a customer review of the MendelMax 3 3D printer.
- Large build volume with an included heated bed lets you print items that put other printers to shame.
- Sleek and sturdy steel and aluminum frame looks great and is extremely rigid.
- Optional Dual Extruders to print multiple colors or materials in the same print. Unlike some printers, the full print area is accessible to both extruders.
- New! Improved extruder design provides even better performance on flexible filaments.
- Only high quality components and materials used, guaranteeing reliable life and long service with minimal maintenance.
- High speed two-start lead screws greatly increase your vertical travel speeds.
- The electronics and power supply are enclosed for safety, but remain easily accessible for maintenance.
- Rambo Electronics manufactured in the USA.
- Advanced linear motion system guarantees highly precise motion with virtually no play.
- Auto Bed Leveling with the BLTouch makes printing a breeze.
- Build Area Dimensions: Approximately 250 x 315 x 197mm / 10 x 12.5 x 8"
- Print Volume: 15,513 cc / 947 CI
- Hotend: E3D V6 All Metal Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle for 1.75mm filament
- Control Electronics: RAMBo Controller from Ultimachine.com
- Supported Filament: 1.75 mm PLA, PETG and ABS are officially supported; Most other print materials, including most flexible and high temp materials up to 300c, are compatible but are considered experimental. We can only provide limited technical support for printing experimental materials.
- Usable Maximum Print Speed: 80-150 mm/sec or more depending on the part, print material, and extruder
- Usable Maximum Movement Speed: 500+ mm/sec
- Layer Height: There is no pre-defined limit. We recommend 100 – 320 micron. 20-100 micron layer heights are possible with more printing experience. Larger layer heights (up to 1 mm) are possible with an optional replacement nozzle.
- X & Y Axis Resolution: 0.01 mm (10 Micron)
- Z Lead screws: High Speed two-start lead screws, 4mm movement per rotation
- Frame: Aluminum and powder coated steel construction
- Movement: Precision roller bearings on all three axes.
- Heated Bed: 24V 220W Heated Bed included
- Power Requirements: The included power supply is compatible with 120 and 240VAC
- Footprint: 390 mm x 430 mm / 15.5 x 17"
- Dimensions including all movement: 495 mm x 640 mm x 460 mm / 19.5 x 25.5 * 18"
- Primary components are all made in the USA
- US Power cord included. The printer is compatible with power globally, but international customers will need to provide a standard desktop PC power cord suitable for your country
- Please Note: The MM3 kit includes all printed parts required to build the functional printer. There are several additional optional parts that you can print once you have the printer working. These optional parts are printed in green above. The MendelMax 3 Full Kit does not include the green printed parts shown in the photos. The instructions to print these optional parts are included in the assembly manual.
MendelMax 3 Deluxe
- A Graphical LCD with a pre-soldered adapter ($76.90 value)
Lasercut Acrylic GLCD Case ($24.95 value) 1 meter of Cable Carrier ($15.95 value) LED Gooseneck Lamp ($29.95 value) One KG of MTW PLA Filament ($29.95 value) - We recommend Red or Blue PLA for beginners.