The new MTW Create Mini 3D Printer kit is based on our all new MTW Create II, but in a smaller, more cost-effective form factor. This is the ideal printer for print farms, where you are seeking very high reliability combined with extremely compelling pricing.
Incredibly robust construction featuring all stainless steel and aluminum construction.
- Wireless printing allows printing from any computer, tablet or smartphone with a web browser.
- All new BMG Extruder with Dual Drive, significantly reduces extruder-related issues.
- Generous build volume 205 x 235 x 225mm / 8 x 9 x 9".
- Only high quality components and materials used, guaranteeing reliable life and long service with minimal maintenance.
- Automatic bed leveling with the BLTouch™ makes printing easy.
- Recirculating ball linear rails on all axes.
- A choice of All Metal Hot Ends. Choose between our brand new MTW Mercury or MTW Mercury Plus hot ends.
- High speed two-start lead screws greatly increase your vertical travel speeds.
- Build Area Dimensions: Approximately 205 x 235 x 225mm / 8 x 9 x 9".
- Print Volume: 10,840 cc / 680 CI
Supported Filament: 1.75 mm PLA, PETG and ABS are officially supported; Most other print materials, including most flexible and high temp materials up to 300c, are compatible but are considered experimental. We can only provide limited technical support for printing experimental materials.
- Usable Maximum Print Speed: 80-150 mm/sec or more depending on the part, print material, and extruder
- Usable Maximum Movement Speed: 500+ mm/sec
- Layer Height: There is no pre-defined limit. We recommend 100 – 320 micron. 20-100 micron layer heights are possible with more printing experience. Larger layer heights (up to 1mm) are possible with the optional Mercury Plus hot end, or an E3D Volcano upgrade and a larger nozzle.
- X & Y Axis Resolution: 0.01 mm (10 Micron)
- Z Lead screws: High Speed two-start lead screws, 4mm movement per rotation
- Frame: Aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Movement: Precision roller bearings on all three axes.
- Heated Bed: 24V 220W Heated Bed included
- Power Requirements: The included power supply is compatible with 120 and 240VAC
- Printer Dimensions: 370mm x 360 x 450mm / 14.5 x 14 x 17.5". Requires an extra ~50mm/~2" behind the printer and ~110mm/4.5" in front of the printer while printing.
- ASSEMBLY REQUIRED. Assembly of the kit requires approximately 6-12 hours for most people.
Which Hot End?
We offer a variety of hot end options for the Create Express. You can select a different hot end for each extruder, so choose the best mix that fits your needs. Both choices ship with a 0.4mm nozzle as standard.
|MTW Mercury:||The new MTW Mercury hot end offers a number of benefits including simplified assembly, much easier nozzle changes, improved thermal performance, and improved high heat printing capabilities. It is compatible with all E3D V6 nozzles. This is the hot end that we recommend for most users.|
|MTW Mercury Plus:||The MTW Mercury Plus hot end offers all the benefits of the MTW Mercury, but in a high-flow configuration. It is the best choice for high speed printing, especially with 0.6mm or larger nozzles (we stock up to 1.0mm, but up to 1.8mm are available from other suppliers). It also works fine with smaller nozzles, however you will get more stringing and ringing/echoing than you will with the standard flow hot end. The MTW Mercury Plus is compatible with nearly all filaments, however we do not recommend it for Flexible filaments. We recommend the standard MTW Mercury instead. The MTW Mercury Plus is compatible with all standard E3D V6 nozzles. No special nozzles are required. The MTW Mercury Plus is perfect for anyone interested in high volume production printing.|
Raspberry Pi Options
A Raspberry Pi is required to use the MTW Create Mini. Because of the Raspberry Pi's pricing policies, you should consider buying your own Pi directly from any official Raspberry Pi reseller. We can also provide one for you if you wish. We recommend the Raspberry Pi 4 for best performance, however it is compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2 and above. We do not recommend using the Raspberry Pi Zero.
All required software is available to download for free. It takes about one hour to install and configure the Software and firmware. It's not difficult, and we recommend you do it yourself, however we can install it all for you if you wish.
We will download and install the latest version of OctoPrint, several recommended plugins, and configure the firmware for you. There are a couple steps that can only be completed once the Pi is installed in your actual printer, but we will take care of everything else, and we are happy to walk you through the final steps when your printer is ready.
MTW Create Mini, MTW Mercury, and MTW Mercury Plus are trademarks of mtw3d.com.