MTW Create Kits are temporarily back ordered. We expect to have more stock in mid to late August.
The latest printer from Maker's Tool Works refines our hugely successful MendelMax series of printers. Compared to our MendelMax 3, the MTW Create™ is much easier to assemble, and much more reliable out of the box. We have eliminated as much as possible of the variability, so you should get great prints out of the box, with almost no calibration. Other improvements include recirculating ball linear rails on all axes and an optional built in WiFi and a 5" Color Touchscreen.
- Incredibly robust construction using 3/8" and 1/2" (10mm and 13mm) thick machined aluminum and laser cut steel plates.
- Optional Wireless printing from any computer, tablet or smartphone with a web browser.
- Optional 5" Color Touchscreen.
- Massive build volume 250 x 315 x 250mm / 10 x 12.5 x 10".
- Optional Dual Extruders to print multiple colors or materials in the same print. You do not sacrifice build area when you add a second extruder.
- Only high quality components and materials used, guaranteeing reliable life and long service with minimal maintenance.
- Recirculating ball linear rails on all axes.
- All Metal E3D v6 Hot End with optional extruders.
- High speed two-start lead screws greatly increase your vertical travel speeds.
- Optional Rambo 3D Printer Controller manufactured in the USA.
- The electronics and power supply are enclosed for safety, but remain easily accessible for maintenance.
- Build Area Dimensions: Approximately 250 x 315 x 250mm / 10 x 12.5 x 10"
- Print Volume: 19,700 cc / 1202 CI
- Hotend: Optional E3D V6 All Metal Hot End with 0.4mm nozzle for 1.75mm filament
- Control Electronics: Optional RAMBo Controller from Ultimachine.com
- Supported Filament: 1.75 mm PLA, PETG and ABS are officially; Most other print materials, including most flexible and high temp materials up to 300c, are compatible but are considered experimental. We can only provide limited technical support for printing experimental materials.
- Usable Maximum Print Speed: 80-150 mm/sec or more depending on the part, print material, and extruder
- Usable Maximum Movement Speed: 500+ mm/sec
- Layer Height: There is no pre-defined limit. We recommend 100 – 320 micron. 20-100 micon layer heights are possible with more printing experience. Larger layer heights (up to 1mm) are possible with an optional replacement nozzle.
- X & Y Axis Resolution: 0.01 mm (10 Micron)
- Z Lead screws: High Speed two-start lead screws, 4mm movement per rotation
- Frame: Aluminum and powder coated steel construction
- Movement: Precision roller bearings on all three axes.
- Heated Bed: 24V 220W Heated Bed included
- Power Requirements: The MTW Create is designed for a 24V 400W Power Supply.
- Footprint: 420mm x 440 mm / 16.5 x 17.5"
- Primary components are all made in the USA
About the MTW Create Motion Platform Kit
The MTW Create Motion Platform Kit is designed for people who already have a 3d printer but want to upgrade to a higher quality platform.
The kit includes all the parts required to build the basic MTW Create frame, all belts, pulleys, fasteners, the Borosilicate glass bed, bed heater, and the heat spreader. You will reuse your control electronics, motors, extruder (unless you buy the optional single or dual extruder), 24V power supply and ABL sensor (unless you buy the recommended optional BLtouch sensor)
The motion platform kit can be adapted to use most extruders and control electronics, however it is designed to use our extruder, the Rambo controller and the BLtouch ABL sensor. Using other solutions may require a printed (or otherwise fabricated) adapter.The Create is available with or without the color touchscreen and the OctoPi controller. When purchased without the LCD you connect it to your computer directly via USB.
Assembly of the kit requires approximately 6-12 hours for most people.
MTW Create is a trademark of Maker's Tool Works. All specifications are subject to change.