Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis to help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well.
Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew. A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller. 14″ base. 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots. 2″ column riser block. Laser-engraved scales on the base and table. Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual. 3072 ¼” Jacobs drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Max clearance (table to spindle): 9.00″ (229 mm)
- Throat (no spacer): Adjustable
- Throat (w/ headstock spacer): Adjustable
- Travel, “X” Axis: 8.65″ (220 mm)
- Travel, “Y” Axis: 7.00″ (178 mm)
- Travel, “Z” Axis: 5.38″ (137 mm)
- Hole through spindle: .405″ (10 mm)
- Spindle nose thread: 3/4″-16 T.P.I.
- Spindle nose taper: #1 Morse
- Handwheel graduations: .001″ (.01 mm)
- Electronically controlled spindle speed range: 70 to 2800 RPM
- Width Overall: 15.00″ (381 mm)
- Depth Overall: 22.25″ (565 mm)
- Height Overall (Max.): 23.38″ (568 mm)
- Table size: 2.75″ x 13.00″ (70 x 330 mm)
- Hold-down provision: 2 T-Slots
- Shipping Weight: 45 lb. (20.1 kg)
Movements in addition to X-, Y- and Z-axes:
- Headstock rotation: 90° left/right
- Column rotation: 90° left/right
- Column pivot: 90° forward/back
- Column swing: 90° left/right
- Column travel (in/out): 5.5″ (140 mm)
- Motor: 90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
- Spindle Speed Range: 70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control
Please Note: The pricing shown in the option popups above is approximate. All package pricing is determined by Sherline, and the exact price of each package is shown in the shopping cart.
Package A (Shown above) also includes:
3013 Step block hold-down set
- 3020 5/32″ Sherline hex T-driver
- 3021 3-piece center drill set
- 3052 Fly cutter w/carbide bit
- 3060 3-piece mill collet set w/drawbolt
- 7400 6-piece 3/8″ 2-flute double-ended end mill set (7401 4-flute set may be substituted depending on availability)
- 3079 3/8″ end mill holder
- 3551 milling vise
- 5327 Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
The display shows the position of each axis in relation to a zero point that you establish. Inch versions show position to three and a half decimal places or to within .0005″. Metric versions show position to within .01 mm. Backlash can be electronically eliminated by setting its measured value into the readout box for each axis. When handwheel rotation changes direction, the backlash value is electronically subtracted before the readout counts in the other direction.
The ease with which distance and direction can be kept track of with this system will add a new level of enjoyment to your machining. It also helps eliminate some of the tedious job of keeping track of handwheel revolutions and thereby helps eliminate errors.
NOTE: The unit does not translate dimensions from inch to metric. It must be initialized to work with the pitch of the leadscrew to which the handwheel is attached.
NOTE: The DRO was not designed to provide a closed-loop system when used in conjunction with CNC; however, it can be adapted to fit on the rear shaft of stepper motors for manual use. See the DRO on CNC page for installation instructions.