- A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller.
2.75″ (70mm) x 6.0″ (152mm) crosslide.
- 24″ (610mm) steel bed that has 17″ (431mm) between centers.
- 2.5″ (63mm) resettable “zero” handwheel on the leadscrew, two 2″ (51mm) resettable “zero” handwheels on the crosslide and feed screw. Standard 1-5/8″ (41mm) Handwheels have laser engraved aluminum handwheel collars.
- Rocker tool post (P/N 3057) substituted for the standard tool post used on the shortbed lathes.
Pulleys, drive belt, faceplate, lathe dog, two dead centers, three hexagonal keys, tool post, sharpened high-speed steel cutting tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual.
Swing Over Bed: 3.50″ (90 mm) Swing Over Carriage: 1.75″ (45 mm) Distance Between Centers: 17.00″ (430 mm) Hole Through Spindle: .405″ (10 mm) Spindle Nose Thread: 3/4″-16 T.P.I. Spindle Nose Taper: #1 Morse Travel of Crosslide: 4.25″ (110 mm) Tailstock Spindle Taper: #0 Morse Protractor Graduations: 0° to 45° by 5° Handwheel Graduations: .001″ (.01 mm) Length Overall: 32.5″ (826 mm) Width Overall: 8.00″ (267 mm) Height Overall: 8.00″ (216 mm) Shipping Weight: 31 lb. (14.1 kg) Motor: 90 volt DC with electronic speed control that accepts any incoming current from 100VAC to 240 VAC, 50 Hz or 60 Hz. Click here for motor specifications Spindle Speed Range: 70-2800 RPM continuously variable by electronic speed control
All 4400A/4410A packages include Model 4400 (4410 metric) 3.5″ x 17″ lathe and standard accessories listed above.
- 1040 3.1″ 3-jaw self-centering chuck
- 1069 3/8″ tailstock drill chuck w/ key, #0 Morse arbor, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
- Everything in Package A plus:
- 1074 Steady rest
- 1191 Live Center
- 3002 Cutoff Tool and Holder
- 3007 3-pc 1/4″ HSS Cutting Tool Set (LH, RH, Boring)
- 3020 5/32″ T-driver
- 3021 3-pc Center Drill Set
- 5327 Sherline Accessories Shop Guide Book (224 pages, B/W)
- Everything in Package B plus:
- 1270 (1280 metric) Compound Slide
- 3100 Thread Cutting Attachment
Any Sherline lathe can be ordered with a digital readout installed. Special handwheels with built-in encoders are installed in place of the standard handwheels on the crosslide and leadscrew. These handwheels are connected to a display box that translates handwheel rotation into a readout of table position to within .0005" (or .01 mm). In addition, a constant readout of spindle RPM is displayed.
The advantage of a digital readout is that you no longer need to count handwheel rotations when moving distances longer than a single revolution. This helps eliminate math errors. The large, easy-to-read display reads out to 3 and a half decimal places to give accuracy to within .0005". The display for each axis can be reset to zero at any time with the push of a button. Backlash values can be set for each axis in the programming so that backlash is electronically eliminated when changing direction of handwheel rotation. A third axis is available on the display box should you later decide to add a vertical milling column or use it on a Sherline 3-axis mill.The readout can function with inch or metric lathes. In the metric mode, the position reads out to 1/100 of a millimeter.
NOTE: The unit does not translate dimensions from inch to metric. It must be initialized to work with the pitch of the leadscrew to which the handwheel is attached.