Any Sherline mill can be ordered with stepper motor mounts factory installed in place of the handwheels and ready for the application of stepper motors and computer numeric controls (CNC). Sherline supplies the mounts, and several aftermarket suppliers offer motors, drivers and software to complete the CNC system. You supply the 486 or better computer.
New Mill Features:
- Oil reservoirs on the X/Y axes and the Z axis to help keep critical parts lubricated. These were initially developed for CNC machines that run constantly for hours on end but can benefit manual machines as well.
- Brass leadscrew cover that keeps chips off the rear of the Y-axis leadscrew.
A powerful 90 VDC motor with electronic speed controller. 10″ base. 2.75″ (70 mm) x 13.0″ (330 mm) table with two T-slots. Pulleys, drive belt, three hexagonal keys, spindle bars, gib removal tool, eight-foot three-wire power cord, and instruction manual.
Please Note: The pricing shown in the option popups above is approximate. All package pricing is set by Sherline, and the exact package price will be shown in the shopping cart.
Package A (Shown above) also includes:
3072 ¼” Jacobs drill chuck w/ key, #1 Morse arbor with drawbolt
3013 Step block hold-down set
- 3020 5/32″ Sherline hex T-driver
- 3021 3-piece center drill set
- 3052 Fly cutter w/carbide bit
- 3060 3-piece mill collet set w/drawbolt
- 7400 6-piece 3/8″ 2-flute double-ended end mill set (7401 4-flute set may be substituted depending on availability)
- 3079 3/8″ end mill holder
- 3551 milling vise
5327 Sherline Accessories Shop Guide book
NOTE: CNC-ready machines cannot be operated manually until stepper motors are installed.